Monday, July 13, 2009

Lewis rides 3rd round of Spanish Championships, sunday 12th july.

After a drive of 1000km from Pon's place we arrived in Pobladura, the venue for the 3rd round of the Spanish champs.The place here seems nice,has a river running beside it and very hilly too.We set the truck up and then put a new fork leg on my bike to replace one I damaged in practice, its only a standard tube so the leg sticker doesn't match the other  one, but thats all they had. Adam Raga and Albert Cabestany came over and said hello.
We walked the sections this arvo, some are very steep and rocky, some are in the river, very slippery,some on banks outta the river,very steep AND slippery!! there are a few that I think I should be able to clean, but whether I can do that tomorrow or not is another story!!! ha ha, I'm riding the 2nd hardest class so we'll see.The last section is man made in the middle of town, so thats cool.
WELL, rode the trial today, I had the shittest day, only got 2 fives each lap, but got so many 1s 2s 3s where I could have gone clean, I was really nervous at the start, probly cos I knew I should be able to ride some of the sections.But I did manage to get 7 cleans, 5 ones, 3 twos, but the 11 threes cost me.1st lap I lost 34pts and 3 time pts,2nd lap 30pts and 2 time for a total of 69pts which gave me 13th place out of 17 starters.Not as good as I had hoped. Now its back to Pon's place.
till next time,  Lewis.