Friday, October 2, 2009

State Enduro Rounds 4 & 5

On the weekend was the 4th and 5th state enduro rounds down in and around Mornington mills just south of Harvey. Sunday and day one was blessed with fine but cool weather which was perfect for riding. I finished the day in 6th position in the E2 class, taking some advice from a fellow enduro/trials rider, Peter Pringle help me to get into the 6th spot. Over night we had some heavy rain, which would make it interesting for the second day. It fined up for the start and held off all day. The rain made the remote test extra grippy and fast but intern made the camp test ultra slippery. In result I had a bit of a moment and ended up getting into a fight with a couple of trees, I ended up worse off but you should have see the state of the trees. By the time I finished the next trail section I was in too much pain and couldn’t change gear so my day was over. A bit a of a bad ending for a awesome weekend.

A big thanks to Tim and Tayla for coming down and helping out with timing and for feeding me on Sunday night.