Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TIM SURPRISES ON HIS FIRST TIME OUT

As previous posted Tim and I competed in the Pinjarra natural terrain MX on the weekend. I was very surprised with the outcome. I don’t like to admit it but on Tims first outing on an enduro bike he managed to bet me to the flag in the first 2 races of the 4 race schedule. The next 2 races would have to have a different outcome to keep my reputation in tact. I was able to fend off Tims attack through out both 3 lap races to finish just in front each time. Un sure the positions in the first 2 races but race 3, I came in 9th followed closely by Tim in 11th, and race 4 saw me come in 8th and Tim very shortly after in 9th. In race 4 Tim took a different tactic off the line by picking a outer lane which was pretty much unused. He got a really good start and was sitting in 5th place and keeping up with the top boys. He made a little mistake near the end of the first lap and binned it in a corner. This is a massive effort for a first timer, good work Tim. A big thanks goes out to Sherice and Tayla for coming down and supporting us.